Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Aug. 15 newsstand

Very slow news day ... except for ...

Silly Season "news"
Some random Italian racing website says Marco Andretti is going to replace Sebastien Bourdais at the NHL Champ Car ride. Marco apparently said on the AGR XM radio show (which I don't get to listen to, thanks to the fact that I live in the stone age technology-wise) that he's not going anywhere. The only other "source" I've heard on this wild rumor is Robin Miller pulling a wild hair of wishful thinking out of his arse. I'll believe it when I hear something more credible (like the rumors that Justin Wilson is headed to NHL).

Other stuff
IndyCar.com has a nice piece on Larry & A.J. Foyt and Darren Manning.

Congrats to former IRL boss Leo Mehl, who is being inducted into the Motorsports Hall of Fame.

If you're near Sonoma, head out to Infineon for a free test Thursday.

One more Kentucky race story, from the Grant County News in Kentucky.

No comments: