Saturday, September 8, 2007

Sept. 8 update: Silly Season quotes

Straight from the drivers via the IMS Network ... from the qualifying radio 'netcast. After these, it'll be time to throw out another Silly Season update.

Dario: Lots of options. Not thinking about next year until after tomorrow.
Also: "I want the championship. I want it badly."
TK: "I'm back with AGR next year." Under contract to AGR for 2008.
Marco: "I'm already chomping at the bit to get here next year." Under contract to AGR for 2008.
Danica: "I'm joking. I keep telling everybody I'm going to rehab this winter." Under contract for 2008 to AGR.
Helio: "(Sam) was one of the first people I told about 'Dancing with the Stars.' He never tells me anything. I'd be very disappointed if he goes." Under contract for 2008 to Penske.
Sam: "We don't know yet what we're going to do, so we don't know when we're going to announce it. We're going to try to do seven stock-car races at the end of the year, see where we're at, make an evaluation and decided what we're going to do next year. It's a big decision."
Sarah Fisher: "I've got a lot of options." Plans to explore them.
Tomas Scheckter: "I'm not sure. It's called Si.ly Season for a reason. We'll see how things turn out. ... (Have you talked to Andretti yet?) There are a couple of teams that have got a hole of me. We'll see what happens sooner or later."
AJIV: "I want to be in the IndyCar Series. Tony's working on some stuff to try to make that happen." Nothing quite yet. He definitely wants to be in the ICS.
Darren Manning: "It's looking like that (I'm coming back to A.J. Foyt Racing). This team has improved a lot this year, and I'm looking forward to being a part of it. ... We can't wait to get back to these tracks with this as a starting point next year." Has been extended by Foyt.
RHR: "I'd love to be in the Series. Obviously, I'm looking to do that. My deal with Rahal was after the season, we'll talk about it. I'm open." (Mike King: "I think there's a real good possibility we'll see him back with Rahal Letterman Racing.")
Kosuke: "I haven't decided yet." I couldn't make out the rest of what he was saying, but I think it had something to do with staying with Honda in some capacity.
Mutoh: Mike King says "we do know he will be in the ICS next season." "I need a little more time to get used to it."
Vitor: "Back with Panther next year."
Alex Lloyd: "2008, I'm looking forward to. I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to go ... I'm pretty excited that I'm going to be with a frontrunning team. In the next couple of weeks, we'll figure out where that will be." Davey Hamilton thinks it's with Chip in some capacity.

Mike King & Davey Hamilton discussed the possibility of Panther running 3 cars (I can't see it, but they're closer than we are), because they "really like Kosuke."

Also, "Just Al" Unser (AKA Al Unser III) is running full-time in the IPS next season for Playa Del Racing, with the goal of running in the IndyCar Series in the near future.

Lineup for Sunday:
Row 1: Franchitti/Hornish
Row 2: Castroneves/Kanaan
Row 3: Wheldon/Dixon
Row 4: Patrick/Manning
Row 5: Scheckter/Andretti
Row 6: Sharp/RHR
Row 7: Mutoh/Carpenter
Row 8: Meira/Matsuura
Row 9: Fisher/AJIV
Row 10: Rice/Chesson
Row 11: Roth/Duno

No comments: